Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by this site and over phone lines. Please read carefully and print a copy for reference.
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us.
1. Information about us and how to contact us
1. We are Hanson Electrical Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 5918862 and our registered office is at Hanson Electrical, Willerby Road, Hull, HU5 5JR. Our registered VAT number is 450 6310 82.
2. You can contact us by telephoning at 01482 653355 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hanson Electrical, Willerby Road, Hull, HU5 5JR.
1. All prices are shown in £ sterling and include VAT but exclude any delivery and credit card transaction charges.
2. We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
3. The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order, except in the instance where an error has occurred with the price shown on the website.
4. In the event that an error is discovered with the price of any products you have ordered:
1. Payment can be made by most major credit cards (except American Express and Diners Club cards). We also accept any debit card, and cheque.
2. Full payment for your products is taken when a new order is created (only applicable to non-finance purchases).
3. If you choose to pay by cheque then your order will only be processed once the cheque has been received and cleared.
1. All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time.
2. If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund.
3. If an order is received for a discontinued product we will automatically provide you with the up-to-date equivalent, providing it is available and the same price as the discontinued model. If this is not the case we will contact you.
1. Upon delivery a signature will be required.
2. We will contact you with an estimated delivery date. However delivery dates may be delayed by events outside our control (e.g. due to sudden stock shortages, manufacturing delays, or delivery vehicle breakdowns), which is why we strongly advise all customers not to book fitters until they have received the relevant products, as no claims will be accepted. We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know if there is a delay and will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay in delivering the products.
3. If you find you cannot keep to the delivery date you must notify us before 12 noon one working day before delivery.
4. Failed delivery charges (see the table of charges below) may be applied in the event that a delivery fails due to - but not limited to - any of the following reasons:
5. We will only deliver to ground floor properties (unless a lift is available); this can include a maximum of 4 steps. Certain products may be delivered up or down a flight of stairs at additional cost. Call us to find out if the items you require can be delivered in this way.
6. Whilst our own drivers are happy to wheel your product into an unobstructed room of your choice, we cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred. It is your responsibility to protect any floor coverings to prevent damage while the products are being situated in the property.
7. We do not allow customers under any circumstances to assist the driver with delivery or handling of any of our products.
8. The products will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the products to the address given by you.
6. Damaged and Faulty Goods
1. We will supply products that are in conformance with this contract and nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
2. If you discover that the products which you have received are faulty, you should notify us immediately. You have the right to a full refund if a fault is discovered within 30 days of delivery.
7. Unwanted Products
1. Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days after receipt of the products, without giving a reason. You may use the Model Cancellation Form attached at the Schedule to these terms (which you can send to us by email or post to the address above) but you do not have to.
2. You have the choice of returning the products via your own means (at your own cost to Hanson Electrical Ltd, Willerby Road, Hull, HU5 5JR), or requesting that we collect them. We will charge you the direct cost to us of collection which is £49.99 per item. We may however choose to reduce the collection charge if you are purchasing another product from us.
3. You have a duty of care while the products are in your possession and we reserve the right to charge you for any damage that may have occurred during this period.
4. We reserve the right to apply re-handling charges for returned items under some circumstances:
5. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and within 14 days of the cancellation date.
8. Additional Services
1. If requested we will collect old appliances for recycling on a like-for-like basis when we deliver your new item(s). We make a charge for this service to cover collection and transportation.
2. Additional services which have been ordered but are then declined upon delivery are non-refundable, as we allocate space for these services on our delivery vehicles. This includes 'Old Product Collection', 'Unwrap and Remove Packaging' and 'Two Man Delivery' services.
1. We offer an installation service in some areas. Please see our installation terms and conditions for more details about this service.
2. If a connection fails because the customer did not inform of us of any reason why it may not be successful or because the customer did not comply with the reasons mentioned on the installation terms and conditions page we reserve the right to make a failed connection charge (see the table below).
10. Accuracy of Product Information
1. All product information shown on the website is believed to be correct and accurate from the source material (i.e. manufacturer's documentation). However we regret that we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
11. Data Security
1. How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
2. We will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other applicable data protection laws in the UK from time to time when processing any personal data which you provide.
12. Manufacturer Guarantees and Extended Warranties
1. All items carry a minimum 12 months parts and labour guarantee issued by the manufacturer which is subject to provisions that the appliance:
2. Any appliance which has a guarantee over 12 months must be registered within 28 days of receipt to qualify for any additional years' cover
3. We offer extended 5 year warranties which cover parts and labour which can be purchased through the website.
13. Governing Law
1. These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute or claim arising in connection with these terms or the contract between us shall be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales.
We take all complaints very seriously. If you have a cause for complaint then please write to us at the address shown below.
Your Statutory Rights
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.
Summary of Charges
Failed delivery Re-delivery £24.99 per item
Cancellation £49.99 per item
Failed installation/connection 50% of connection charge per appliance
MODEL CANCELLATION FORM
To Hanson Electrical, Willerby Road, Hull, Hu5 5JR or by email to email@example.com
I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract of sale of the following products [insert description of the products bought].
Ordered on [insert date]/received on [insert date].
Customer signature (only if this form is completed on paper):
How will it work?
The ODR Platform is an Alternative Dispute Resolution (‘ADR’) procedure conducted entirely online. ADR resolves a complaint without going to court. A neutral third party acts as a referee or mediator between the trader and the consumer who will then suggest or impose a solution or work to bring the parties together to find a solution to the dispute.
The European Commission has promised the ODR Platform to be user-friendly, multilingual and readily available to all with a resolution being reached in 4 steps:
The ODR platform refers disputes only to ADR entities who are included in the national lists of ADR entities that comply with the binding quality requirements established by the ADR Directive, such as Small Claims Mediation (UK) Ltd.